Christmas is upon us. What a wonderful time of the year. A time to celebrate the birth of the King of Kings. It is also a time to reflect on the many blessings we are experiencing on this journey. So instead of the 12 days of Christmas, I want to focus on the 12 Blessings Of The Journey:
1. First and foremost, I am so blessed to serve a wonderful loving God who is Emmanuel – God with Us. Who saved me and gave me a purpose in life worth living for.
2. I am so blessed to have a family that loves the Lord and that sees this journey we are on as a collective vision from the Lord. It is a joy to share this journey with my wife and three kids.
3. I am so blessed to have over 300 intercessors praying for us throughout the month for the ministry in Belize.
4. I am so blessed to be sent from a church (Life Church) that loves us so much. We feel the love and prayers.
5. I am so blessed to partner with churches of all denominations: Baptist, Methodist, Assembly of God, Church of God in Prophecy, Interdenominational, and of course Foursquare – who have come together to sow theseeds of the gospel in the nation of Belize.
6. I am so blessed to work with FMI who has prepared us for this journey. They have trained us, pray for us, and will walk with us through this journey.
7. I am so blessed to have pastored 3 churches and planted 2 of them. My past journey has prepared us for the journey ahead.
8. I am so blessed that the Holy Spirit is going before us and preparing the way for us. That we are simply His vessels poured out to serve Him.
9. I am so blessed to have friends in Belize who have been serving us and helping us in the move. (Dale and Carolyn Hulse, The Auterys, Michael, and Pastor Caleb)
10. I am so blessed to go and serve the people of Belize, in the city of Belmopan. A people with a rich history and a glorious future hope in Jesus.
11. I am so blessed and privileged that God would choose me and my family to birth a church in the nation of Belize. To raise up reproducible disciples who will be sent out to touch other areas in the nation of Belize.
12. I am so blessed to have been raised in this great nation called the United States Of America. God has used her wealth to fund the Great Commission to the ends of the earth. As much as I pray for a reawakening of this land, I am also so grateful for the foundations of this nation and the hope for this great nation.
And if I may add one last one ---- I end as I began ---- I am so blessed to serve such a wonderful and loving God who sacrificed His life that I might live. 1 John 3:16 says
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.